Pontoon Forum Homepage
PontoonStuff.com > Pontoon Boat Furniture & Seats | Pontoon Carpet & Flooring | Boat Accessories | Boat Parts | Boat Tops | Boat Covers | Boat Carpet | Boat Seats | Boat Wiring | Boat Seat Installation
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic - Member's Chat > Member's Off Topic Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Motor for Pontoon?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2012 at 10:39am
Ok, Below is another option I have.
1990 Yamaha 90HP with TILT/TRIM $1200.00
25ft Pontoon for $800.00 Needs seating (weather checked)
Also could add the trailer (crank up) for another $800.00
All for $2800.00?  He said the decking is pretty good. 
Help

This is what I was going to fix up (see below) 1984 floteboat w/ 1959? evenrude Lark complete rebuild!  But only have $400.00 stuck into it so far!  Heeeelp.
1994 24' Crest III 90hp Yamaha

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2012 at 11:14am
You would not be able to put a 90 HP motor on the transom of the 1984 floteboat. You would have to beef it up by adding a new transom pan (about $400.00). You may want to reconsider fixing up the last one (looks like a Crest brand).. 
jolds View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 6:16pm
Ok,
another question regarding the above yamaha.
Like I said im looking to buy this boat and motor (crest) with trailer. the guy wants $2800 for it.
 He let me take to the local Marina for a check up! 

And here is the story.
- The compression he said was all within range.
-He stated upon running it on Muffs the engine would not idle that good. He suggested a good carb cleaning.
He also said the tilt/trim floats down.  So I checked it out and yes it would be full up and then go all the way down within 15-20 min. 

So my question is this....
Is the crest boat above in the picture worth the money,  I am very new to this  (first boat) and the budget would be for new seats after the purchase but thats about it. 
Wife isn't to fond of a fixer upper, lol 

Here is the break down of how the seller looks at it.

Trailer $800.00
Motor 1993 Yamaha 90 hp with above trim issue.  But it does go up and down. $1200.00
Boat $800.00.

The floor didnt have any soft spots,
Seats are shot they also have wood bases.
Gauges didnt seem to work (wiring?)
Stereo doesnt work (wiring)
Railings alright for the most part I might need someone to weld a few sections.

HELP, Your thoughts and guideness is appreciated

Thanks,
Jason

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 7:08pm
Me, I'd bicker on price for the motor because it'll cost you close to 300 to rebuild the cylinders on the tilt/trim (labor & parts). Yeah, they ask a lot for a motor and I don't know the normal trend up there, but down here, I can find deals for 800 all day long (even if they ask 1500, wave 800 and 80% of the time they'll take it).  Seats with wood bases - generally bad as they'll cause floor to rot quicker once it starts but overall guess that's ok (look at crossmembers for rust, that'll tell the story above it). Trailer price seems within reason too IF its in very good shape and I didn't see any pictures of it.

I also don't like the fencing on that boat, to me a slant front just wastes space behind it and in front of it (but that's just me LOL) but it is what it is. I'd take the railing off the other boat, put it on this boat (swap fences) and sell the other boat. I agree with you that its just a wiring issue for non-working guages and stereo (should be easy fix, look to ground wire connections FIRST). I'd rewire just for GP's if you can afford it (plus I find it FUN) Yeah I know, I'm sick that way LOL
jolds View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2012 at 12:25am
Thanks for all your help! 
This forum is great.
Jason

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12