Pontoon Forum Homepage
PontoonStuff.com > Pontoon Boat Furniture & Seats | Pontoon Carpet & Flooring | Boat Accessories | Boat Parts | Boat Tops | Boat Covers | Boat Carpet | Boat Seats | Boat Wiring | Boat Seat Installation
Forum Home Forum Home > Fish Forum - Liars Den > Fishing Not Covered By Land or Pontoon
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Winner, Winner Fish Fry Dinner!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vermilion Tooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winner, Winner Fish Fry Dinner!
    Posted: 03/05/2012 at 1:17pm
I'm so stoked! Just found out on the Lindner's Angling Edge Facebook page that I won a complete season 4 DVD set in a contest they were having! Look out all you fishies!
vermilionfox
22 foot Crest Family Fish
115 HP 4-Stroke Johnson
Bear Trailer
Ford 15 Passenger Van
Pool 26 Mississippi River
Lake Vermilion, MN
VaGent View Drop Down
Most Dedicated Members
Most Dedicated Members
"Excellent Member of the Year 2011"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VaGent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2012 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by vermilionfox vermilionfox wrote:

I'm so stoked! Just found out on the Lindner's Angling Edge Facebook page that I won a complete season 4 DVD set in a contest they were having! Look out all you fishies!

How's about me borrowing them for about a month. I "might" find out what I'm doing wrong. Clap Them fishies always go into hiding whenever I get on the water & have a rod & reel in the boat.
Les
"Atta Boy Award July 2010"
"Excellent Member Of The Month Club 07/09"
1984 24ft JC
2011 E-TEC 90 hp
1993 Voyager 24ft Pontoon
2006 E-TEC 90 hp
Vermilion Tooner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vermilion Tooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2012 at 3:43pm
Les I always keep it simple. 99% of my fishing is done with a leadhead jig.
Here's a pike (35.5 inches, about 8 to 9 pounds) from last summer, 4 lb test line, 1/32 ounce plain leadhead jig, 1/2 nightcrawler.

vermilionfox
115 HP 4-Stroke Johnson
Bear Trailer
Ford 15 Passenger Van
Lake Vermilion, MN
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vermilion Tooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2012 at 3:44pm
Hope Charles is OK with the pic, that is a fishing from a 'toon pic. Just wanted Les to know that sometimes simple tactics yield the best results!

vermilionfox
115 HP 4-Stroke Johnson
Bear Trailer
Ford 15 Passenger Van
Lake Vermilion, MN
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2012 at 3:54pm
Congrats on the win! And I think Charles is ok with ANY fishing pics..Smile
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2012 at 3:55pm
Wait a minute....4 Lb test??? Dang.....LOL
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vermilion Tooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2012 at 4:12pm
Yep Rick, 4 lb test. I was fishing for bluegills! Last day of the trip, bluebird skies after overcast and rainy the rest of the week. Fish were turned off totally, even pannies. Then that old girl hit, fun and exciting!
vermilionfox
115 HP 4-Stroke Johnson
Bear Trailer
Ford 15 Passenger Van
Lake Vermilion, MN
VaGent View Drop Down
Most Dedicated Members
Most Dedicated Members
"Excellent Member of the Year 2011"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VaGent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2012 at 4:42pm
That's a NICE looking fish. I'd love to catch something like that just once. I don't do too bad with large/small mouthed bass & just fair with crappie but I've never caught a pike. I hear they put up a good fight.  NICE CATCH for sure. 
Les
"Atta Boy Award July 2010"
"Excellent Member Of The Month Club 07/09"
1984 24ft JC
2011 E-TEC 90 hp
1993 Voyager 24ft Pontoon
2006 E-TEC 90 hp
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2012 at 8:59pm
wish I had a digital pic of the 15lb catfish I caught on a flyrod with 4lb test tippet when I was fishing for bluegills. Took me almost 30min to land that thing at the pond. They didn't even think they had catfish in it, but I proved that wrong. Fishing with grubs. Nice pic and congrats on the win. Wish I had a pic of our fishing today, but all I ended up with was coming off the cold water but as they say, a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work (and I don't work no more) LOL

Edited by Wildcat Dude - 03/16/2012 at 4:28pm
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vermilion Tooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2012 at 3:43pm
Got the DVD's yesterday in the mail, now I just need time to watch!

vermilionfox
115 HP 4-Stroke Johnson
Bear Trailer
Ford 15 Passenger Van
Lake Vermilion, MN
 Post Reply Post Reply