Pontoon Forum Homepage
PontoonStuff.com > Pontoon Boat Furniture & Seats | Pontoon Carpet & Flooring | Boat Accessories | Boat Parts | Boat Tops | Boat Covers | Boat Carpet | Boat Seats | Boat Wiring | Boat Seat Installation
Forum Home Forum Home > Show Off Your Pontoon Boat > Show Off Your Pontoon Boat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fischer 20 DLX with upper deck

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fischer 20 DLX with upper deck
    Posted: 01/27/2012 at 3:59pm
   Hi, I had a previous user name here (76kcfdeng) but I was inactive for a long time so its gone. I had a build thread under that name but I can't find it either.
   Here are some new pics of the boat with a homebuilt upper deck. I just finished it recently. I used many parts from a scrapped rental toon. The uprights are steel because I had it and can weld it. The cross braces, outer rub rail, railing and some of the fasteners came from the old toon. The floor is 1/2" ply with a 2 part rubberized deck coating impregnated with sand. I built it myself since I could not find a kit and having one built would be expensive.
   It is great shade/shelter and lots of fun to jump off of and sun on. It did slow the boat down some, good excuse for a new motor, just need money! I read a lot of opinions about stability and such, I think it is quite stable and I have no worries.
  Enjoy, Glen

Whole album for pics from the beginning.
http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/76kcfdeng/Pontoon/

MRT24 View Drop Down
Most Dedicated Members
Most Dedicated Members
Excellent Member of the Month Jan 2012

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MRT24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2012 at 6:01pm
Cool, when I was looking for my toon I looked at a 30' party hut with upper deck. I wanted it so bad, I already had plans on closing off the bottom and adding AC/ heat, fridge, beds and a slide on the upper deck. Does yours sit low in the rear with the added weight?
Ryan, Martha, Ana and Nathan
SOLD1992 24' Monark SunSpa 240
1996 (rebuilt) Johnson 112hp
NEW PROJECT
2014 custom southbay chassis rebuild
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2012 at 6:20pm

Well glad you're back, so don't disappear on us this time Big smile.  Hang around, its slow right now, but it'll pick up when winter leaves and everybody's ready to dust off the boat for the waters.

gmaki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2012 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Mrtoler Mrtoler wrote:

Cool, when I was looking for my toon I looked at a 30' party hut with upper deck. I wanted it so bad, I already had plans on closing off the bottom and adding AC/ heat, fridge, beds and a slide on the upper deck. Does yours sit low in the rear with the added weight?

It does sit a little lower, maybe 2" as far as I can tell.  I have canvas that used to connect to the biminis to enclose the whole thing. I may try to modify it to attach to the top, its hardly been used.
  Wildcatdude, I will try but I spend more time using and upgrading it than talking about it here.Wink
Glen
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2012 at 8:22pm
Hey, quite alright, but take some pics and tell the rest about it. I swear, we'll enjoy it Big smile
CajunDiver View Drop Down
Trusted Experienced Member
Trusted Experienced Member
Excellent Member Of The Year 2009

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CajunDiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2012 at 11:12pm
Welcome back! Nothing better than a top deck to jump off of, that is unless you have a water slide like a couple I have seen. The steel works fine in my opinion. Thats what I used on mine and had no issues.
89 Tracker Party Hut rebuilt & modified for 2009
Excellent Member Of The Month Club 12/08
"Guns don't kill people the government does"--Rusty Shackleford
gmaki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2012 at 10:32am
Originally posted by briankinley2004 briankinley2004 wrote:

Welcome back! Nothing better than a top deck to jump off of, that is unless you have a water slide like a couple I have seen. The steel works fine in my opinion. Thats what I used on mine and had no issues.

Glad to hear the steel worked for you, I have seen a couple with steel so I figured it would work well. I don't know if I want to add the weight of a slide although it would be fun, not much room for one anyway with a 20' boat and 12' upper deck.  Jumping off is plenty of fun! Waiting for warm weather to get it in the water again.
Glen

Post Reply Post Reply